In April 2016, the Standing Rock Sioux Nation called for support of all indigenous peoples against the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL). DAPL threatens the water system of millions along the Missouri, but especially Standing Rock. Since September 2016, hundreds of Nations sent letters of support and thousands joined the gathering at Sacred Stone Camp.
Despite illegal tactics, misinformation by media, attacks by corporate mercenaries and arrests by police, the assembly decided to remain calm and not allow the desecration. They are building a completely self-sustaining city with renewable, “earth friendly” energy for all Nations.
Standing Rock Sioux Nation is asking for support and donations for supplies and legal defense. Care should be taken to make donations only to official Native American organizations or other entities listed on their websites (see below).
To learn more about opposition to pipelines in North America, Native news websites can be consulted.
If you want to send supplies directly, you can mail them to:
Sacred Stone Camp
P.O. Box 1011
Fort Yates, ND 58538
Standing Rock Sioux Tribe
PO Box D
North Standing Rock Avenue
Fort Yates, ND 58538
- To send supplies to the children at the Defenders of the Water School, please purchase items on the Amazon Wish List for children…please DO NOT send more school supplies.
- You can donate directly to the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe at their PayPal.
- Here is the Sacred Stone Camp’s general Amazon Wish List.
- Sacred Stone Camp direct funding: https://www.gofundme.com/sacredstonecamp
OR BY PayPal: firstname.lastname@example.org.
OR for Sacred Stone Camp legal fund: https://fundrazr.com/d19fAf?ref=sh_25rPQa
- Red Warrior Camp direct general funding: http://oweakuinternational.org/
OR you can donate directly to the Red Warrior legal fund.
- Oglala Camp direct funding: https://www.gofundme.com/2pvyezb8
- To help winterize the large, Oceti Sakowin Camp and keep water protectors on site this winter: https://www.crowdrise.com/winterize-water-protectors-camp
- To support a women’s healing, wellness, and birthing center at camp:
- Please send medical supplies directly to:
Wasté Win Young
950 Meadowlark Street
Fort Yates ND 58538
- Please send herbs and traditional medicines directly to:
Linda Black Elk
P.O. Box 924
Mobridge, SD 57601